You can save electricity and reduce your electricity bill by following these simple steps:
- Utilize the natural air and light; do not switch on lights during the day.
- Promptly switch off the lights and fans when not required.
- Switch off all appliances from Mains when not in use.
- Replace bulbs with T5 tube lights; CFL’s and LED’s.
- Use electronic chokes instead of conventional copper chokes.
- Use Energy Efficient Appliances with BEE Star ratings.
De-dust lighting fixtures to maintain illumination.
Avoid opening the refrigerator frequently. Defrost it regularly.
- Avoid switching in of heavy duty appliances during peak hours, i.e., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- AC’s - Set thermostat at 26° C for optimum cooling.
- Replace conventional regulators with electronic regulators for ceiling fans.
- Shop Establishments - Do not use neon sign boards. Use only painted sign boards.
Use energy saving CFL’s and LED’s for the illumination of your shops, showrooms, or hotels.